Add cutting-edge Voice Authentication technology to your existing Android, iOS, or IoT application
UPDATE May 24, 2016: We now have an easy to use UI to explore the functions of our API. For more information, click on the Updates Tab.
Are you ready to add cutting-edge voice biometrics into your web or mobile app? Join us in Knurld’s first ever online Hackathon!
Knurld is a Redwood City startup, and our API provides secure, convenient voice authentication using our advanced military-grade speech algorithms. Although we are a young company, our technology has been developed and refined through more than a decade’s worth of research by our widely recognized human speech team.
Are you ready? If you’re looking for a ‘wow’ factor that will make your app stand apart from the competition in the app store, this could be a contest for you. Applications with which people naturally interact via voice are a particularly good match for voice authentication – as is the case in many mobile apps. However, the sky is the limit, and we are excited to see what you come up with!
Prizes are available in a number of categories, including best innovative concept, and best Android, iOS and IoT app.
- Submissions are accepted through June 2016, and Judging will take place between early to mid-July.
- For documentation on how to get started using the Knurld API, check out the Knurld Developer Site.
- To enter the Hackathon, please follow the instructions on the "How to Enter" section of this page.
Note: Knurld accepts any original mobile app or website. If you're developing for iOS or Android, your app does not need to be in the App Store or Google Play. To enter an app that isn't in the App Store, use iTunes Connect to invite firstname.lastname@example.org as a beta tester. To enter an app that isn't in Google Play, upload an .apk file on the Enter a Submission form or provide a link for downloading the Application in the “Testing Instructions” field on the Enter a Submission form.
The Knurld Hackathon Contest is open to:
- Teams of eligible individuals, and teams of eligible individuals entering on behalf of organizations.
- Submitters who are employed by Knurld or DevPost are not eligible.
- Please view official rules for full details on eligibility.
- Create an app or web application that uses Knurld’s API or update an existing app or website with Knurld’s API (added after the start of the submission period).
- Your submission must:
- Run on an iOS or Android platform, a web app, Desktop PC, or software running on other hardware (such as, but not limited to, IoT devices).
- Be a new application, or, if an existing application, must have integrated Knurld’s API after the start of the submission period.
- Be written in an appropriate programming language for the application type as described in the Official Rules.
- Function as depicted in the submitted video and text description
- Be substantially different from any other app submitted by the same submitter/team/organization
- Be the original work of the submitter, be solely owned by the submitter, and not violate the IP rights of any other person or entity
- Be provided at no charge for the testing and judging periods
- Submitters must include the Email associated with their Knurld Developer Account on their submission form.
For a complete list of requirements, please read the Official Rules.
How to enter
- Click the "Register for this hackathon" button to sign up, receive important updates communications, and form teams.
- Read the Official Rules to confirm you meet all eligibility requirements.
- Sign up for a developer account on the Knurld developer site to get started.
- Visit our developer FAQ page to get all the necessary documents and resources you need to build your app.
- Submit your project by clicking "Enter a submission" button.
SVP & General Manager, Voice Products
Vice President, Business Development
Director, Dev Ops
Uniqueness or real-world potential as demonstrated in your submission.
Overall functionality and capability as demonstrated in your submission.
Use of Knurld API
Extent to which the application successfully integrates or utilizes Knurld’s API.